Lithium iron phosphate battery refers to a lithium ion battery with lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode material. Lithium-ion battery anode materials mainly include lithium cobalt oxide, lithium manganate, lithium nickel oxide, ternary materials, lithium iron phosphate, etc. Since its performance is particularly suitable for power applications, the word “power” has been added to its name, that is, lithium iron phosphate power batteries.
With the rise of the lithium battery energy storage market, some power battery companies have launched battery pack energy storage business in lithium iron phosphate. Today, lithium iron phosphate batteries have become the mainstream of energy storage technology applications in China. With the development and rapid demand of new energy vehicles, lithium iron phosphate batteries have opened up a new field. The following will show you the advantages and market of lithium iron phosphate battery energy storage technology.
1. The advantages of lithium iron phosphate battery for energy storage
(1) The lithium iron phosphate battery has a long life, with a cycle life of more than 2000 times and a 3C cycle life of more than 800 times. Under the same conditions, lithium iron phosphate batteries can be used for 7 to 8 years.
(2) Safe use. Lithium iron phosphate batteries have passed strict safety tests and will not explode even in severe collisions.
(3) Fast charging. Using a special charger, the battery can be fully charged in 40 minutes at 1.5C, and the starting current can reach 2C.
(4) The lithium iron phosphate battery is resistant to high temperature. The thermal peak value of the lithium iron phosphate battery can reach 350 ° C ~ 500 ° C, and the working temperature range is wide (-20 ° C ~ 75 ° C) and high temperature resistance (60 ° C).
(5) The lithium iron phosphate battery has a large capacity, and its energy density is 3 to 4 times that of lead-acid batteries, 2.5 times that of nickel-cadmium batteries, and 1.8 times that of nickel-metal hydride batteries.
(6) The lithium iron phosphate battery has no memory effect, and the battery can be used at any time, regardless of its state, without being fully charged first.
(7) The lithium iron phosphate battery is green, non-toxic and non-polluting, and conforms to European regulations and is a green battery.
2. Lithium iron phosphate battery energy storage technology will be an important potential market
As a cutting-edge technology and a strategic emerging industry affecting the future energy pattern, with the gradual clarification of policies, energy storage has entered a critical period of industrial development. With the gradual opening of application fields, the market will expand rapidly. It is estimated that the energy storage market capacity will exceed 600 billion yuan in the next decade. Due to the advantages of ultra-long life, safe use, large capacity, and environmental protection, the transfer of lithium iron phosphate batteries to the energy storage field will extend the value chain, which is conducive to promoting new business models and building a new industrial chain.