As a new energy powerhouse, China’s new energy industry has developed rapidly in recent years. The field of lithium-ion battery energy storage has also been greatly developed.
Ⅰ. The broad market of Lithium-ion battery energy storage technology
Lithium-ion battery application scenarios can be divided into lithium battery rack, consumption, power and energy storage. The current battery energy storage technology is developing rapidly. Once a breakthrough is made, it will have a significant impact on the development of new energy, grid operation control, and terminal energy use methods.
Energy storage lithium-ion batteries have gradually received attention as an emerging application scenario. Lithium-ion batteries have broad prospects in the application of large scale battery energy storage systems due to their high energy density, high conversion efficiency, and rapid response. In the future, lithium-ion battery energy storage technology will be widely used in the new generation of power systems.
Ⅱ. The wide applications of lithium-ion battery energy storage systems
1. New energy grid-connected demand. Including power quality improvement and smoothing; new energy power generation plan tracking, combined with power generation curve prediction; peak cutting and valley filling, so that new energy can continue to generate electricity; combined with photovoltaic and wind power generation, smooth power output, increase grid acceptance ratio, and make full use of New energy to reduce harmful gas emissions.
2. Adjust the load curve, cut peaks and fill valleys, and store energy with lithium-ion batteries to improve the utilization of power distribution equipment and lines.
3. Participate in power grid frequency regulation to improve the power supply level of the large power grid.
4. As an important part of the micro-grid, solve people’s livelihood problems and improve the quality of power supply in some areas.
5. Lithium-ion UPS systems is an important element of smart grid.
6. Photovoltaic power stations, disaster sites, subway stations, airport terminals, military bases and other places that require uninterrupted power supplies.
7. Data center: Lithium-ion battery can be charged and discharged quickly many times, and has high-density characteristics. It stores electricity during the municipal electric wave trough period. When the electric wave peak comes, the stored power is transmitted to the data center, thereby reducing the peak pressure of power grid.
This function will make a great contribution to both green energy saving and PUE. The lithium-ion battery energy storage system can simultaneously meet the dual requirements of the government and data center users regarding PUE and TCO.
8. It has distributed energy storage and is used for peak shaving and valley filling in factories and buildings.
9. It can be used as standby power supply.
Sicon Chat Union Electric Co., Ltd. was established in 2003. Our company focuses on green energy product R&D, production and sales. It has three standard product lines for uninterruptible power supply (UPS), electric vehicle chargers and solar battery energy storage system. We always insist on the concept of sustainable development and our products cover more than 50 countries and regions around the world. Besides, we provide complete solutions for global customers. If you have any needs, please feel free to contact us!