What isMW-scale container energy storage?
MW -scale container battery energy storage systemuses lithium iron phosphate batteries as energy carriers and utilizesPCSfor charge and discharge, enabling various energy exchanges with the power system. It can be integrated with multiple power sources such as photovoltaic arrays, wind energy, diesel generators, and the grid. The output of the energy storage system can be used for grid connection, supply various load devices, and charge electric vehicles.
Distributed power sources such as diesel generators, photovoltaic power, wind power,battery energy storage systemsare connected to low-voltage AC buses in a relatively scattered manner, and then connected to10 kVor higher voltage level grids through step-up transformers.
When the main power source of a microgrid is an energy storage system or diesel generator, the microgrid operates in two modes as the system voltage or frequency reference:
(1) Wind energy operation mode: The energy storage battery system maintains the stability of the microgrid’s voltage and frequency through constant frequency and constant voltage(V/F)control strategy. When operating in this mode, the diesel generator remains in a stationary state, and the wind energy generation system generally uses maximum output power tracking control strategy. When the wind energy output power is greater than the load consumption power and the SOC of the energy storage battery system is high, it also needs to operate in a limited power state.
(2) Wind-diesel operation mode: Diesel generator(controlled by excitation and speed regulation)or wind energy generator establishes voltage and frequency references for the microgrid system, and the energy storage battery system adopts constant power control(PQ)strategy. It receives instructions from the background control system and accepts charging and discharging commands for the battery energy storage system.
The design of MW-scale container energy storage system
The MW-level containerized battery energy storage system offers features such as mobility, flexibility, expandability, and detachability, making it practically valuable from both a commercial and technical perspective. Additionally, it holds advantages in military applications and environmental adaptability. Its main characteristics are as follows:
(1) Modular Design: Designed to international standard dimensions, allowing convenient long-distance and road transportation. They can be lifted with gantry cranes, placed on ships, trucks, and temporary sites.
(2) Robust and Durable Design: Conforming to international standards, these containers protect the goods during transport and provide long-term protection throughout the life of the energy storage system, safeguarding against weather, transportation, and other environmental factors.
(3) Mobility Design: Compared to other energy storage batteries, lithium battery storage technology excels in terms of mass and volume, offering strong mobility without geographic limitations.
(4) Flexible Infrastructure Design: Energy storage container is easily adaptable to accommodate various requirements. This includes features such as air conditioning, photovoltaics, wind turbines, access doors, power cable connections, and other equipment.